- ABOUT K2
- CAREERS @ K2 SPORTS
- IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- CA TRANSPARENCY ACT
Director Global Supply Planning & Fulfillment
JOB TITLE: Director Global Supply Planning & Fulfillment
DEPT: Supply Chain
REPORTS TO: VP Operations
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB: Responsible for working with all levels of management in providing strategic direction, solutions and leadership in inventory management and product availability and efficiencies for globally sourced products. Supports supply chain initiatives that impact everything from the product development stage to the delivery of product to the customer.
DIRECT REPORTS: Supply Chain Managers
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES
Develop and implement a consistent and robust global process for demand planning in all regions. Identify key business sectors and customers that contribute significant portions of regional/global demand and ensure that forecast accuracy is optimized for these areas.
Develop and implement a consistent and robust process for supply planning in all regions. This process should include replenishment rules and strategies, inventory levels, and effective communication between critical business functions to ensure adequate supply to meet customer needs.Work closely with other functional areas of the business globally to ensure that there is pertinent awareness and understanding of the global planning and fulfillment processes.
Develop effective metrics to measure and manage the demand planning and supply planning process and implement initiatives to improve forecast performance.
Lead and continuously improve the global supplier management program and process to ensure effective management of the global supply base. This process addresses:
Supplier capacity analyses
Tracking of production and delivery schedules
Global exception management for capacity or supply issues
Ensure that global procure to pay processes are defined and implemented to support business processes, continually improved, and measured for effectiveness.
Take advantage of pertinent technologies and IT systems to enhance and improve the effectiveness of business processes and to support the global planning and fulfillment operations
- Ensure that tactical operational plans are aligned with regional and global financial plans, and that any variances are clearly understood, documented, and managed.
- All other projects as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 4-year degree plus 7+ years of planning experience in a manufacturing company, or an equivalent combination required.
- Extensive experience in full ERP system, SAP knowledge an asset
Certification in Production & Inventory Control or advanced training in operations is required.
Extensive knowledge of S&OP, Logistics and Inventory Management is required preferably in seasonal merchandise.
- Ability to coordinate external operating entities and in leading global initiatives involving globally dispersed teams.
Possess strong leadership skills in managing professional teams.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to present complex situations in simple, concise terms to executive management and provide appropriate recommendations
- Strategy planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 2 to 5 year time span.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- PC skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, email, required.
- Six Sigma Black belt a plus
- APICS certification a plus
Ability to travel as required may include domestic and international travel.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates please visit http://jarden.jobs/ to access all K2 Sports job opportunities posted on the website of our parent company Jarden Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
« Back to Careers